NASSAU CONTAINER PORT JOB OPPORTUNITIES PAGE
Thank you for your interest in joining the dynamic family of Nassau Container Port employees. Please review the list of current job listings below. In the event that there are no current job listings, you are welcome to submit your resume to be kept on file. Nassau Container Port's policy is to keep resumes on file for one (1) year only. E-mail your resume to email@example.com. Faxed resumes should be sent to 242.323.7072. No phone calls please.
Ship Side Checker
This position is responsible for the accurate recording of information relative to Vessel and Terminal Cargo Operations. Also, the identification of discrepancies and bringing that information to the attention of the proper individual for resolution.
Co-ordinate the discharge and load operation to achieve consistent levels of high productivity. Accurately check and record Cargo movements. Communicate with Equipment Operators to ensure correct positioning of cargo onto vessel and within the terminal. Provide accurate information to Planning to forward onto the Accounts Department and Shipping Lines.
Skills, Experience, Capabilities - We're Looking for the Following in Applicants
- Applicants should be computer literate - a command of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Applicants should have 2 or more years of experience in the shipping industry
- Applicants should be familiar with ISPS Code.
- Applicants should be familiar with International Safety Standards.
- Applicants must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and high-stress environment.
- Applicants must be a strong team player.
- Applicants must have the ability to multi-task.
- Applicants must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Able to lift 30 – 40 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- The Ship Side Checker will be expected to keep the Terminal Operating System updated in real time.
- Able to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Able to perform Gate tasks - and will be expected to work in the Gates.
- Able to work shifts, long hours, weekends, late nights and holidays.
- Required to perform cargo inventory.
- Salary will be based on qualifications
- Competitive benefit package, including dental and medical insurance
Please submit resume to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax number 323-7072.
Only those applicants meeting the above criteria will be short listed and contacted.
WE REQUEST THAT YOU DO NOT MAKE PHONE INQUIRIES CONCERNING THIS POSITION.
NO CALLS PLEASE