NASSAU CONTAINER PORT JOB OPPORTUNITIES PAGE
Thank you for your interest in joining the dynamic family of Nassau Container Port employees
Nassau Container Port only accepts only online and faxed applications for employment. No phone calls please.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information in order to prepare entries to accounts such as General Ledger accounts to document business transactions.
- Maintains assigned GL accounts and reconciles accounts receivable detail and control accounts.
- Runs reports and prepares spreadsheets to provide analysis of specific expense items. Performs detailed account analysis to identify trends.
- Prepares journal entries to correct errors in posting to accounts.
- Maintains all information on fixed assets including replacement schedules, depreciation, etc.
- Performs bank reconciliations.
- Investigates account variances and provides detailed explanation.
- Assists departmental manager in monthly closing activity.
- Assists other departmental team members in clerical activity to ensure timeliness of entries and adherence to closing schedule.
- May train clerical employees on software use, analytical work or other job duties as necessary.
- Compile information for monthly VAT filing
- Maintain and prepare all information on Company’s Inventory
Skills, Experience, Capabilities - We're Looking for the Following in Applicants
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Skills in mathematics
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Skills in MS Word, Power Point, Outlook
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Ability to develop and run reports
- Ability to analyze complex information
- Good communication skills
- Good business writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 2-4 years of experience
- Bahamian Citizenship
- Experience using accounting software - AccPac or Quick Books
- Closing schedule is met monthly and quarterly
- All accounts are reconciled and balanced
- All variances are explained
Please submit resume to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax number 323-7072.
Only those applicants meeting the above criteria will be short listed and contacted.
WE REQUEST THAT YOU DO NOT MAKE PHONE INQUIRIES CONCERNING THIS POSITION.
NO CALLS PLEASE