ESSENTIAL PORT INFORMATION
Nassau Container Port is a strategically located port facility for container and general cargo shipping in the Caribbean, and beyond to North America and the world. The 56-acre port facility is located on Arawak Cay, just two miles west of Downtown Nassau at the mouth of Nassau Harbor.
The port provides facilities for both domestic and international bulk, break bulk, container and project cargo clients. Importers can use several ocean carriers simultaneously and conduct all business at Arawak Cay.
In compliance with the standards of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) code, the port features around-the-clock security guards, perimeter fencing, and surveillance cameras to ensure the highest level of security.
- General cargo, container, bulk and break bulk operations
- Meets ISPS code requirements and supported by 24/7 security presence
- Dedicated deconsolidation and LCL facilities
- Onsite Customs Department to provide entry processing and freight inspection
- Three container vessel berths, with 28-foot draft
- Terminal Operating System that tracks containers
- Greater Bahamas Customs control facilitates faster cargo delivery
- Backup power and emergency fuel storage in the event of natural disaster
- Open Monday through Friday 8am-4pm