NASSAU CONTAINER PORT JOB OPPORTUNITIES PAGE
Thank you for your interest in joining the dynamic family of Nassau Container Port employees. Please review the list of current job listings below. In the event that there are no current job listings, you are welcome to submit your resume to be kept on file. Nassau Container Port's policy is to keep resumes on file for one (1) year only. E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Faxed resumes should be sent to 242.323.7072. No phone calls please.
Accounts Payable Clerk
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all invoices received and ensures proper sign off and approval. Contacts responsible department in the case of lack of approval prior to initiating payment. Compares information received to purchase orders or statements and resolves any discrepancy prior to issuing payment.
- Inputs invoice information into accounting software, ensuring invoice is coded to correct GL account.
- Sets up vendors in accounting software. Ensures all vendor information including banking information (if vendor receives funds via ACH or wire transfer) is correct and will facilitate payment. Updates vendor files as changes occur. Ensures vendor file is free from duplicates and inactive vendors.
- Prepares for check run by ensuring all payments are correct prior to issuing checks. Distributes checks via mail or other methods as requested by vendor. Processes payments via wire transfer by preparing required disbursement forms and providing same to the bank.
- Reviews and audits employee expenses. Brings questionable items to the attention of his/her supervisor for resolution. Processes payment for expenses either via payroll or via AP.
- Maintains invoice files by ensuring all paid invoices are filed by vendor and by date/month of payment, and are attached to the appropriate disbursement document. Purges files and destroys old invoices in accordance with established record retention policy.
- Assists in month end and quarter end closing cycles as needed.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
Skills, Experience, Capabilities - We're Looking for the Following in Applicants
- Knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping principles
- Knowledge of accounting software packages
- Skills in computer use
- Skills in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Outlook
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Discretion and tact
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good business writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Skills in running reports
- Ability to compare and contrast information
- Skills in mathematics
- High School Diploma
- 1-3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- Bahamian Citizenship
- Experience with ACC PAC or Quick Books Accounting Software a plus
- Pursing an Accounting Degree
Please submit resume to E-mail: email@example.com or fax number 323-7072.
Only those applicants meeting the above criteria will be short listed and contacted.
WE REQUEST THAT YOU DO NOT MAKE PHONE INQUIRIES CONCERNING THIS POSITION.
NO CALLS PLEASE