NASSAU CONTAINER PORT JOB OPPORTUNITIES PAGE
Thank you for your interest in joining the dynamic family of Nassau Container Port employees. Please review the list of current job listings below. In the event that there are no current job listings, you are welcome to submit your resume to be kept on file. Nassau Container Port's policy is to keep resumes on file for one (1) year only. E-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Faxed resumes should be sent to 242.323.7072. No phone calls please.
This position is responsible for inspecting and processing of all containers, chassis, trucks and other freight equipment entering and / or leaving the Nassau Container Port. Records inspection information in terminal operating system and provides EIR (Equipment Inspection Report) to driver. Additionally, performs security functions by allowing or disallowing access to terminal area. The job requires the Gate Interchange Inspector to review documentation, enter information into APD’s computer system and the inspection of freight and truck equipment.
Skills, Experience, Capabilities - We're Looking for the Following in Applicants
- Applicants should be computer literate - A strong command of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel Etc.
- Applicants should have keen observational and record keeping skills and able to record, process and work with alphanumeric information accurately; must be detailed oriented
- Applicants should have the ability to adapt to working shifts and flexible hours
- Applicants must be a strong team player
- Applicants should have the ability to perform multiple tasks and demands
- Applicants should have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Applicant must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Applicant must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and high-stress environment
- Work outside in the elements comfortable in assigned personal protective equipment - PPEs
- Individual will be required to deal with anxious/rushed customers
- Applicant should be familiar with the ISPS code
- Applicant should be familiar with International Safety Standards
- The job requires that the Gate Inspector remains standing for extended periods and can bend, reach and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Take pride in your work, and must be able to function in a planned process driven work environment
- Be required to participate in on-the-job training and continuous learning programs that support the development of additional skills to meet APD Limited objectives
- Be self-motivated and supporting team member
- Assist in other areas as required
Please submit resume to E-mail: email@example.com or fax number 323-7072.
Only those applicants meeting the above criteria will be short listed and contacted.
WE REQUEST THAT YOU DO NOT MAKE PHONE INQUIRIES CONCERNING THIS POSITION.
NO CALLS PLEASE